What you'll gain
These Spark Sessions workshops will give you the confidence to be on top of your numbers and introduce the tools best suited to communicating and managing finances with the leadership team. In inflationary times numbers are critical to grow your business sales and profitability.
- Workshop 1 – Zoom out: Understanding inflationary pressures. Explore how inflation will disrupt businesses cost of borrowing, supply chains, availability of staff, cost of goods and what customers will pay for. Then discuss the strategies that can be adopted to alleviate the impact of this disruption.
- Workshop 2 – Zoom in: Financial literacy of the leadership team. Discover how to effectively combine accounting and other business systems such as CRM to improve sales and profitability.
- Workshop 3 – Make it fly: Using good accounting practice to drive your sales and profitability. This session will help businesses explore good accounting practices. What you should expect from a good internal finance department or an outsourced accountant.
For 75 minutes each week, for three weeks, you'll come together as a group digitally and break the discipline down into actionable chunks.
Our upcoming dates
Meet our experts
The expert part of each workshop features an interesting story or idea that will kick-start the discussion amongst the group, creating energy and establishing a safe space to talk about the challenges of being a leader in challenging times means.
Our upcoming experts:
- Jay Maniar – founder and COO at PVTOL. Jay specialises in financial analysis, operational management, and business strategy. He has helped startups and businesses in the corporate world implement cost-saving measures and develop innovative approaches to problems.
- Sarah Moss – head of finance at River Capital Management. As a qualified management accountant, Sarah has spent her career working in a number of industries – fulfilling various finance and management roles to gain a full understanding of how all elements of a business must work together for success.
- Drake Peabody – director at Group FP&A, IHS Towers. Drake is a finance leader with a passion for mentoring, championing diversity and volunteering. He played a key role in successfully transitioning IHS Towers from being private equity-backed to listing (IPO) on the New York Stock Exchange.
"Each session had a different focus, with a short, thought-provoking introduction from a guest speaker. This created a platform for us all to share our challenges, how we tackle the issues, and great conversations and peer learning ensued."
Liz Smith, MD at LG Davis
Where: All sessions will be taking place virtually via Zoom. Admittance to the Zoom room is closed ten minutes after the start time.
Eligibility: Spark Sessions are for businesses which have three or more full-time employees and have been trading for over a year. Please provide as much detail as you can on sign-up stage to ensure we can provide you with the most relevant sessions to your business needs.
Please note these sessions aren’t intended to be a networking event, rather an opportunity to learn from like-minded business leaders and to start to make small but impactful changes in your business by having access to a technology expert. There is an important element of group discussion and therefore we ask that you keep your camera on where possible and contribute to each session.
Cost: We offer an early bird price of £30 if you sign up more than one week in advance of the first workshop. After that point participation costs £50.
Contact information: To find out anything else about our Spark Sessions contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to hearing from you!
Future sessions: If you are unable to commit to the current programme dates but would like to be kept up to date on our future cohort sessions please complete an expression of interest form.
Privacy notice: To find out more about how we use your data please see our privacy notice.